Monday, September 20, 2010

Yet, still I will Rejoice!

Hi SISTAs!  It's been a while!!!  I thank God for all of you that have surrounded my family & I with your love, prayers & support during our hours of crisis & loss.  This week's blog is from my SISTA, Deborah Jno Baptiste.   I pray that you will be challenged & moved like I am to be intentional about my choice to REJOICE in the Lord  in the face of (regardless of !) life's challenges before us!

*******************************

S.I.S.T.As, times of trial are never easy particularly when we as children of God look outward to see the worldly flourishing while we languish in apparent pits of various forms of lack - finances, provisions, security, relationships, or even dry seasons in ministry.  Like the Prophet Habakkuk did in his own time, we are often tempted to rail at God declaring what we deem to be injustices.  Why are we suffering lack?  But like Habakkuk, we are exhorted to remember that God is just and He is sovereign.  So  S.I.S.T.As, though at times lack seems to be running rampant & wrecking havoc in our lives, let us choose to depend on, rejoice and find joy in the God of our salvation.   For He is our strength; He will make our feet like hinds feet, and He will make us to walk upon high places. Amen. (Hab 3: 17-19)

No comments:

Post a Comment